Revision as of 17:38, 19 March 2006 by Doe (added May)
Jean Kina's Corps enters British pay.
- As a result of the French Revolution, King Louis XVI is executed in Paris, on January 21. See the image: Execution of Louis XVI.
- Toussaint and troops begin fighting for Spain.
- On April 11 the former Governor-General of Saint-Domingue Blanchelande is executed in Paris on the guillotine.
- On May 6 General Galbaudarrives in Le Cap he had been dispatched from France to take over the command in Saint-Domingue.
- On August 29 French commissioner Léger Félicité Sonthonax issues a decree to abolish slavery in the northern part of Saint-Domingue under his control.
- In November of 1793 the French Republican Calendar was adopted. Therefore many documents in the French colony Saint-Domingue, such as the letters of Toussaint Louverture, use this calendar for the next decade.
- On November 5 Léger Félicité Sonthonax publishes his Broadside defending his decree to abolish slavery in the colony.