List of Historical Documents
Revision as of 19:39, 22 December 2009 by Doe (added category)
- Edict of Paris, October 1685 (Regulation of Slavery) - Available online (French).
- Edict of March 1724 (Code Noir, recast) - Available online (French).
- Royal Declaration of December 15, 1738 (Regulation of Slavery) - Available online (French).
- Royal Declaration of August 9, 1777 (Prohibition of Slavery) - Available online (French).
- August 28 Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen by the French National Constituent Assembly (establishing of individual rights) - Available online (French) English version: Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- June 8 Letter to the Citizens of Color and Free Negroes of Saint-Domingue by Abbé Grégoire a member of the French abolitionist group Amis des Noirs.
- August 29 Sonthonax's Proclamation (Abolishing slavery in the North of Saint Domingue - in Creole) - Available online (French).
- November 5 Sonthonax's Broadside - Sonthonax defends his August 1793 proclamation by publishing and distributing this document in Saint-Domingue.
- June 8 General Whyte's Proclamation to the People of Saint-Domingue - The proclamation.
- Toussaint dialogue with Léger Félicité Sonthonax about Toussaint's wishes that Sonthonax leave Saint-Domingue.
- June 26 Proclamation Regarding Commerce with Saint-Domingue U.S. President John Adams issues a Proclamation Regarding Commerce with Saint-Domingue
- December 25 Napoléon Bonaparte Proclamation on Saint-Domingue
- November 28 The Expulsion of Commissioner Roume - Letter by Toussaint Louverture explaining his actions.
- July 17 Tobias Lear letter to Madison - Letter by Tobias Lear the new U.S. Consul General in Saint-Domingue, to his Secretary of State, James Madison.
- May 20 Napoléon decree re-establishing slavery in the French colonies - (French text)
- January 1 Proclamation Of Haiti's Independence and Act of Independence By The General In Chief, Jean-Jacques Dessalines.
- Acte de l'Indépendance - French text of the Haitian independence declaration.
- May 20 Constitution of 1805
- December 27 Constitution of 1806 - Available online (French).
- Timeline of Events in Haitian Revolutionary History
- Category: Documents of the Haitian Revolution
- Category: En français - French language text - French language documents on the Louuverture Project.