List of Historical Documents
Revision as of 05:27, 18 November 2005 by 18.104.22.168 (added category)
List of documents, proclamations, and texts relating to Haiti's revolutionary history, with links to online versions of the documents, where available.
- Edict of March 1685 (Le Code Noir) - English translation
- Edict of Paris, October 1685 (Regulation of Slavery) - Available online (French).
- Edict of March 1724 (Code Noir, recast) - Available online (French).
- Royal Declaration of December 15, 1738 (Regulation of Slavery) - Available online (French).
- Royal Declaration of August 9, 1777 (Prohibition of Slavery) - Available online (French).
- August 28 Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen by the French National Constituent Assembly (establishing of individual rights) - Available online (French) English version: Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Sonthonax's Proclamation of August 29, 1793 (Abolishing Slaveryin the North of Saint Domingue) - Available online (French).
- Sonthonax's Broadside of November 5, 1793 - Sonthonax defends his August 1793 proclamation by publishing and distributing this document in Saint-Domingue.
- November 28 The Expulsion of Commissioner Roume - Letter by Toussaint Louverture explaining his actions.
- Toussaint Louverture letter to Napoleon Bonaparte - Letter Addressing the subject of the 1801 constitution.
- July 17 Tobias Lear letter to Madison - Letter by the new U.S. Consul General in Haiti, to his Secretary of State, James Madison.
- January 1 Proclamation Of Haiti's Independence By The General In Chief, Jean-Jacques Dessalines. Available online (French). English translation: Act of Independence
- Category: Documents of the Haitian Revolution