List of Websites
Lists of Haiti-related websites. These websites have been compiled for the benefit of the community and are not associated with with The Louverture Project, except where indicated.
Art and Photography
- ArtMedia Haiti - The Center of Haitan Art. Some art is available for purchase online.
- Arts of Haiti - Arts of Haiti provides a sales point for several artists working in and near Cap Haitien.
- Carrie Art Collection - art collectors in Petion Ville. The web site has a collection of images online.
- Opus Focus - has a wonderful collection of photographs from Haiti and elsewhere.
Culture: Music and More
- Haiti Show - Streaming live over the airwaves and the internet from KPFT 90.1 FM in Galveston, Texas.
- Mapou Productions - Promoting Haitian culture throughout the world.
- The Creole Clearinghouse - a lengthy page of links to Haiti-related resources in Creole, English and French.
- Embassy of the Republic of Haiti in Washington D.C – Search the Documentation section for Haitian political documents and texts of old speeches.
- Governments on the World Wide Web - Haiti A page of vital links.
- Haiti Forum - a link portal promoting Haiti and Haitian culture.
- Haiti Info Bi-lingual blog-style list of news reports and other articles.
- Haiti-Référence French – a wealth of information on Haiti past and present, including the text of Toussaint's Constitution of 1801.
- Haiti’s Super Web Directory Emmanuel W. Vedrine’s big list of links.
- Haiti Support Group – Very accessible web site with news for travelers, event updates, and a brief summary of famous Haitians.
- InterMedia - Big, good looking site, lots of Haiti links. Especially check out the Haiti Global Village, a bilingual online community of Haitians
- Journal of Haitian Studies - Part of the Center for Black Studies, this is the "official publication of the Haitian Studies Association," a refereed scholarly journal.
- Kreyol.com - Excellent site by artist Hertz Nazaire. Includes a Creole dictionary online. Check out the new book - Revolution 1804-2004.
- Kreyol Belle – articles and pictures from a trip to Haiti, including a translation of an 1871 tour of the country.
- Latin American Network Information Center's Haiti Page - a portal page with many good links.
- Multicultural Florida - Long list of links suffers from lack of organization.
- Soul in a Bottle – Madison Smartt Bell's "work in progress about contemporary Haiti."
- Vedrine Creole Project - List of essays, articles, and other resources - all in Creole.
- Windows on Haiti – Huge resource of links to news, views, arts, and culture.
- Augusta Elmwood's Saint-Domingue page – Excellent collection of bibliographical and geneological resouces.
- Bob Corbett's Haiti Page – A top-notch collection of resources on Haiti. See especially links to the Haiti Mailing List and Corbett’s essays on the revolutionary period.
- Haiti & the USA - Linked by History and Community – Haitian history, with special focus on Haiti's intersections with the US. This website is run by Dr. Bob Maguire of the Trinity College Haiti Program.
- Haiti - A Country Study - A book on Haiti from the Library of Congress. Includes history. Mirrored here.
- Haiti almanac info from World Statesmen - Includes flags, lists of governors, prime ministers, etc.
- The Haitian Revolution - University of Albany pathfinder site full of links and resources.
- Historical Chronology of Haiti - from the Combined Arms Research Library.
- The History of the Republic of Haiti, Hartford Web Publishing - HWP has a huge collection of historical documents in its online archives, including these about Haiti.
- Rulers.org - a complete list of Haiti's rulers from 1691 to the present.
- Quasi War documents at the Avalon Project - American historical documents relating to the Quasi-War with France, including the 1799 proclamation regarding U.S. trade with St. Domingo.
- Glossary of the French Revolution at Wikipedia.
- Haitian American Historical Society - primary movers behind the proposed Savannah monument to Haitians in the American Revolution.
- John Garrigus Homepage – Garrigus is a professor and author. His site includes translations of primary texts and PDFs of some of Garrigus's publications.
- The Toussaint Table - at Chicken Bones has a collection of links to essays and articles on Haiti.
- University of Albany Haitian Revolution pathfinder - English-language sources of "frequently mentioned texts, encyclopedias, bibliographies, biographical sources, indexes and abstracts, and links to Web resources."
International Community and Haiti
- COHA - Council on Hemispheric Affairs. Periodically publishes articles on Haiti
- MICIVIH - OAS/UN International Mission in Haiti
- OAS's Situation In Haiti - Documents, speeches, and press releases from the Organization of American States
- Embassy - Haiti - See the link at the bottom of the page on International Policy towards Haiti.
Missions and Foundations
- EDEM Foundation - Provides access to opportunities for the children of Haiti through sustainable education, agriculture, farming and community development.
- Haitian American Foundation - serving Haitian Americans in South Florida.
- Haitian American Ministries - works with organizations and individuals in various cities within the United States and the Caribbean, particularly in Haiti.
- Healing Hands for Haiti - Volunteer organization to bring rehabilitative medicine to Haitians. Also operates a guest house.
- Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti – provides legal and other support for democracy and human rights issues.
- Project Teach Haiti – provides training for Haitian teachers and administrators.
- Sant La - a Haitian Neighborhood Center serving the Haitian-American community of South Florida.
- USAID/Haiti Home Page - The United States Agency for International Development.
Online Groups and Mailing Lists
- Bob Corbett's Mailing List on Haiti - a moderated list with articles, current events, and discussion.
- Haiti-news list - news articles and information.
- Kreyol Yahoo!Group
Note that The Louverture Project does not endorse any of these sites or their views. The links are provided solely as a reference.
- Group184 - Website of the coalition led by Andy Apaid.
- HaitiAction.net - Website of the Haiti Action Committee.
- Haiti Democracy Project - US organization which advocates for "more effecive U.S. policy toward Haiti."
- Haiti Reborn - Political action site.
- Haiti Support Group - Very accessible web site with links for travel, events, and more.
- Institute for Research in the Science of Politics - Interesting site. Self-professed Haiti-focused interest group, contains news analysis, essays, and poetry (!).
- Organization of American States' Dec. 17 report - OAS report of the Commission of Inquiry into the events of December 17, 2001 in Haiti.
Periodicals, Magazines, and Newspapers
- Boston Haitian Reporter - a monthly English language newspaper "with an editorial emphasis on the Haitian-American experience in Greater Boston and the United States."
- Haitian Times - weekly full-color newspaper based offering coverage of Haiti and Haitian Americans.
- Miami Herald Haiti News Page - Aggregated page of Haiti news, including on-the-scene reports from Michael A.W. Ottey and a special report on the Bicentennial.
- Haiti Books sells books, CDs, videos, and art.