Difference between revisions of "Michael Deibert"
(Directed to entry by a friend. Was HIGHLY problematic. Edited to create a more realistic picture of Diebert's reportage. Entry also had some grammatical problems.)
m (Changed protection level for "Michael Deibert": Excessive vandalism: Same user and sockpuppets erase page and replace with same content ([edit=sysop] (expires 01:50, 22 August 2011 (UTC)) [move=sysop] (expires 01:50, 22 August 2011 (UTC))))
Revision as of 17:50, 21 July 2011
Michael Deibert (born Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1973) is an American journalist, author and a Visiting Fellow at the Centre for Peace and Reconciliation Studies at Coventry University.
Deibert’s writing has appeared in The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Miami Herald, The Guardian, Folha de Sao Paulo, Le Monde diplomatique and the World Policy Journal, among other publications. From 2001 until 2003, he served as the Reuters correspondent in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. He has been featured as a commentator on international affairs on the BBC, Al Jazeera, Channel 4, National Public Radio and WNYC New York Public Radio.
While Deibert's work on Haiti has been praised by Haitian scholars and others, it has also been criticized for its perceived hostility to former Haitian president Jean-Bertrand Aristide.
- Miller, Char. (2006) "Author gives insight into Haitian politics". San Antonio Express News. Accessed July 21, 2011. 
- Bohning, Don. (2005) "The rise and fall of Haiti's 'savior'". The Miami Herald. Accessed July 21, 2011. 
- Hadden, Gerry. (2007) "In Defense of Michael Deibert". Accessed July 21, 2011. 
- Podur, Justin. (2006) "Kofi Annan's Haiti - Podur on Michael Deibert, Notes from the Last Testament. Untenable defence of Aristide’s overthrow New Left Review. London. Available online:  .pdf file:  Accessed on July 13, 2011.
- Taylor, Jeremy. (2006) "Apocalypse Now Caribbean Review of Books. Available online:  .
- Photo of Michael Deibert, labeled "With Guy Philippe" Mr. Deibert is at the far right of the image - posted on michaeldeibert.com. Accessed on July 11, 2011.
- A Review of Peter Hallward’s Damming the Flood: Haiti, Aristide and the Politics of Containment
- Haiti Debate: Peter Hallward Responds to Michael Deibert's Review of Damming the Flood
Book by Michael Deibert
- Deibert, Michael (2005). Notes from the Last Testament: The Struggle for Haiti, New York: Seven Stories Press. ISBN 10 1-58322-697-4