RWBF:Chapter Eleven Development Notes
- Bailey - The failure in Haiti re-defined the world, not just because France sold off the Louisiana Territory giving way to US expansion, but also because it was the fall of European Colonialism. Since France no longer had an important presence here, and because of the defeat of the British, the door to US dominance in the Western Hemisphere was wide open.
- (?) The exodus from Haiti by planters fleeing the revolt was (I think?) the first influx of immigrants into the new world, representing a not insignificant immigrant population.
- Haiti's lesson in the consciousness of American slave owners
- Haiti's example to American slave revolts
- Haiti's support of Simon Bolivar and his struggle to free South America